Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One crazy week!

SO we are still in Cusco, Peru awaiting our tour to leave to the amazons on Friday. The city is beautiful and the culture and architecture is amazing. That said,,, after Machu Pichhu I became seriously ill. Lane was the best at taking care of me. The hostal we are staying at is right in the Plaza de Armas. It is a nice,comfortable,place with a loving staff. They gave Lane a local Doctor to contact for me and we where able to get the prescriptions we needed from the pharmacy next door. The staff took great care, in checking in on us. The doctor even called us to make sure I was ok. I feel much better today, but we are taking it easy....
On another note. As stated earlier we are staying in the center of Cusco and there have been numerous protests. I was at awe at the 1st because they where so peacefull and it was a true statement of them taking stands to improve their way of life. They are getting more aggressive according to the news reports. See link here:http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=43608
They are NOT becoming aggressive to any of the tourists in fact they want us to understand their distress with the cost of gas and living,,,,however I am glad to be departing on Friday to the jungle for time in the peace of nature.
Maggie

No comments: